Friday, September 23, 2011

Emily Hodgson

Emily whipped up three wonderful pieces of writing in one Writing Time session a couple of weeks ago. We were wringing up our personal distant memories as food for our writing, though if you read comments from the last post, you can see that some Writing Timers were digging in their Imagination gardens, rather than their Memory gardens. Read the following three peices, and let us know in which garden you think Emily might be digging!
 And don't forget our new "Spot the spelling mistake" game. The first winner to spot my spelling mistake in this post gets to be the Freeze Freak next session AND first collaborator!!! Hint: You might think "wringing" is a spelling error, but it's not! It's poetic, it's alliterative, and it's allowed!
     
                          BOO!
What's that shadow in the dark? How it is moaning from the figure of a shark? It moves quietly through the pitch black dark. A gust of wind taps me on the back, and I jump!
"Where am I?" I wonder aloud. The rain starts to pour on me directly as it is a storm cloud. I shiver in fright, and take a deep breath. I see a person, but as a cloud. At that moment, I take a step and feel the edge, and I fall just at the ring of a the bell. I couldn't tell who it was, but I heard a person shout "BOO!!!" and I died!

        There are two more fantastic pieces from Emily, to be posted very soon. She is absolutely brilliant at creating a spooky atmosphere. It wouldn't surprise me if Emily ended up an author of spooky fiction.
Thank-you, Emily, I'm really looking forward to reading more of your spine-chilling stories.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily, you might notice that this piece is all written in the present tense. You started it in the present tense, then switched it to past tense half-way through... When you get the original back, you can take it home and check how I kept it all in the present tense. Or you might like to change the whole thing to past tense...up to you. Will check this with youo in October. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete